Kahoot - A Great Online Fun and Learning Activity
Game with a purpose
Kahoot is an online learning resource which uses Play and games to teach. Choose from a list of quizes in their library or create your own learning game or trivia quiz on any topic, in any language.
Host a live game with questions on a big screen or share a game with remote players.
An Excellent platform for multiple Scouts to learn and have fun especially during our virtual times. Make sure to have a dry run first with the quizmaster and Zoom host.
Give people time to organize their screens, phones tablets etc. Provide prizes.
It only takes minutes to create a learning game or trivia quiz on any topic, in any language.
Host a live game with questions on a big screen or share a game with remote players. Hosts will need a kahoot account.
Game on! Join a kahoot with a PIN provided by the host and answer questions on your device. Players do not need an account to play, just the game pin.
There a number of quizes that have been created for Scouting already on Kahoot. You can get started easily with one of these or you can build your own quiz for free. In order to use one of these or to create a quiz, you'll need to create an account. Then, click the menu 'Discover' and search for 'Scouts'.
A search for 'Scouts' came up with more than 50 different results from:
- Scouting history
- First aid
- Rank review
- Environmental Science
- Boat parts
- Leave no trace
- Tread lightly
- and more
At the free level, you are able to create questions with a single answer correct answer.
Paid levels start at $3 per month per 'teacher'. They charge annually so be prepared to pay for the entire year if choosing a higher level.
Kahoot over ZOOM
We used Kahoot for a Virtual Challenge weekend while all of the Scouts were connected into a Zoom meeting. Here are some tips:
- Have all the quiz participants open a browser and go to http://kahoot.it
- Share with them the quiz ID.
- Remind them that they will need to see the both their browser where they will select the answers AND the host's shared screen. The questions will be displayed on the shared screen and they will select their answers
- The Quiz host will need to share their browser in the Zoom session.
- Have one person read the questions and aswers to the participants.
- Read the answers with the COLOR of the question.
- Family Scouting
- Sea Scouts